1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the Top 10 players in your Conference

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Sep 6, 2011.

1. middleinfielder

middleinfielder Junior Member

ball1

I agree that NW has good hitters and you better put runs on the board and play good defense to stay in the game with these guys, but they are not deep in pitching outside of Weston! The other thing is when you are looking at the Top 10 players in the conf you are looking at the all around player, not just a good hitter. If you are goingto play at the next level you better have a seperator! If you play the corner you better hit with power consistently and in the middle you better have some speed. To list the top 10 in the SPC, no D2 guy would make the cut!

2. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

I'm not near your area really, but to make the last statement "no D2 guy can make the cut" - wow!

A player is more than just about a skill set projected for the next level. Often times some of the best players in a high school league are guys that may never play again, but they have heart and compete - against a lot of others of the same ability, and even out compete some of the "scholly guys" in the course of a 12 or so game conference schedule.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure your list of players is accurate. Just don't discount a kid who will not play D1 baseball...

3. middleinfielder

middleinfielder Junior Member

Miscommunication...

Undoubtably, you misunderstood my comment. I was referring to a previous post about some guys they thought would make that list and they mentioned one or more being D2 guys. I only meant the Top 10 guys are D1 guys (in my list).

Nothing against D2 down to JUCO! Its not only ability that determines your destiny, but grades, money and exposure. So, sorry for the misunderstanding!

4. CoachCrock

CoachCrock Go hard or go home

Greater Neuse

I will not speak for our team but for the others:

West Johnston:
    Justin Carroll: P/1B/OF... big stick and big arm. May lead the league in HR's this season.

Jack Sherril: SS/2B... One of the toughest players around, gritty performer and is a very tough out.

Kodi Whitley: P/1B... Primarily a pitcher... Keeps hitters off balance with a good CB and CU...

Clayton:
    Evan Phillips: UNCW commit. Will be the comets #1 start on the bump..electric fast ball and is consistently at the knees, has worked very hard on his bat.

Tyler Keel: P/IF... Should be the comets #2... Good FB with a decent duce..
    Garner:
    Tyler Marshburn: Switch hitting C/P/1B/3B... transferred from WEST.. Lots of pop from the left side... FB mid to upper 80's

Trey Thompson: P... App State commit... South Johnston transfer, knows how to pitch will be great for that already tough Garner staff.

Alec Hulmes: P/Inf.... Always a threat at the plate.

Knightdale:

Daniel Batts: Left handed P/1B... Craft worker on the mound, smart pitcher who always competes

Andrew Vernon: P/1B... Mid to upper 80's FB... Lots of pop in his bat.

Shawn Needam... C/3B/Of... + Arm from behind the plate... decent stick

East Wake:

Jonathan Aparicio: explosive player that will help the Warriors a lot if healthy.

Jonathan Waszak: P... Mid to upper 80's FB.. Should be their #1 on paper

Harnett Central:

Should be a good team... losing Brian Taylor and Heath Bowers will hurt them..

This league should be wide open this year, like the old saying goes "anyone can be beaten on any given night"

5. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Nice report on GNC. One guy I would add from Clayton is Matt Bien. I was very impressed with his improvement over this fall from first week of showcase season to last week of showcase season. I coached him and he played just about every position for me. He was extremely dependable everywhere. His bat came on very strong late in the fall. Not sure where Clayton plans to use him in the spring, but he can be a very solid player for them and in the conference.

6. Razorhead85

Razorhead85 Junior Member

SPC

Love the Kocher kid - I think SPC has some of the most talented kids in the state. Cannot argue with anyone the list - There was a kid - I think his name is Josh - from Kannapolis that Played on the Kannapoils Legion team That is gonne be a great kid this year - Another Kid from Cox Mill that was on that Legion team was Luke Pepper. He turned some heads with quality pitching late in the year. I think he plays first base at Cox Mill and hits 4 or 5. I think the Cox Mill kids will suprise this year with the Seniors they have

7. Green Grass

Green Grass Junior Member

Cameron Tekker
    Colby Barnette
    John Mangum
    John-David Long
    Brian Donovan
    Chandler Musselwhite
    Dex Stanley
    John Quintero
    Austin Pierce
    Andrew Hendel

8. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

The players above are from the Rocky River conference.

Cuthbertson:
    Cameron Tekker- SR (UVA)
    John Mangum- SR (NCSU)
    John- David Long- SR (WCU)

Piedmont-
    Colby Barnette (UNC)

John Quintero I believe plays at Central Academy

Not sure about the others, but I believe these are the top of the conference.

9. Falcon#3

Falcon#3 Full Access Member

Donovan, Pierce and Hendel are from Cuthbertson as well.

10. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Piedmont Triad 4A - NON Bobcats...

Matt Orth JR LHP SW Guilford (UNC commit)
    Keaton Haak SR RHP NW Guilford (Alabama commit)
    Jacob Watts SR HITTER E Forsyth (Uncomitted [I think])

Definitely others that are good/best in league, but not knowing what number (best 9, 10, 15,etc.) I just put "best of the best".