1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the Top 10 players in your Conference

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ballsandstrikes

ballsandstrikes Junior Member

I AGREE WITH BALLSANDSTRIKES......

Would like to see more assessments that state strengths but also point out where improvement is needed. This will take this great Board to the next level.

Thanks,

2. bbplayer19

bbplayer19 Junior Member

I thought Jake Carter graduated last year?

3. luvthegame1970

luvthegame1970 Junior Member

Baseball 55 great assessment what about Scoggins at lake Norman charter?

Hodges is the best in the area!

4. baseball5

baseball5 Full Access Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but know most of the players you guys are talking about,and seems to me if your not part of Kelly Baseball,then some of these kids you're talking about are on the wrong end of this story. Sorry but it seems bias to me.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

It depends on who is giving the assessment. Is it a mom or dad that may hold a grudge against a certain player? Is it a HS or college coach? Is it a rival player giving the assessment?...I think you see where I'm going with this.

Certainly people will have opinions about a particular player, but it can be dicey when a printed assessment on a player is posted with no credentials. What good does that do? Who is the source? What is their background?

6. baseball55

baseball55 Junior Member

Not a coach for Kelley or associated with any of the boys. Just a non bias nonprejudicial assessment of the boys in Lincoln County.

Lincoln Charter-D. Scoggins is a pitcher that has the ability to be a decent pitcher if given the proper training and left alone. From what I have seen he has to many coaches. If he could play his game focus on his ability to throw the ball and know that he has other players to back him up, he would be fine.
    There is a new boy coming to Lincoln Charter by the name of Adam he is a pitcher/catcher,from Mount Holly area.He will be a junior. Good kid, a few mechanical issues. I will let you know on him.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Every coach and every parent thinks that their child should be a starter. Most think that their boy is better than the one playing and or could play the position better.

A real coach will tell you the truth and not what you want to hear because you are paying to hear it. Good or bad. Everyone has room for improvement weather it be in baseball or attitude. It starts at home and carries over onto the ballfield. Think about it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I couldn't agree with you more. This is where the constructive criticisms need to take place. Where something can be done about it. It ain't going to happen here where nothing will change. That's one of the reasons criticisms should be reserved for face to face discussions.

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with mentioning a player's area(s) for improvement, but keep in mind when this is done. Who is the person offering up those opinions? I'd hate to read someone's opinion that a kid is difficult to coach or has "brick hands" or "slow feet" and you find out that the person posting is the father of the backup player.

These are HS kids....many will be playing baseball for their last time.

8. lkn sports

lkn sports Junior Member

Baseball5 have to agree with you. All positive things said from baseball 55 are kids that play for Kelly. All negative things are about kids that do not.o

9. lkn sports

lkn sports Junior Member

Great pitching in Rock Hill

Spoke to Tim with copperheads And got the following update

Norton (north lincoln junior) complete game 2-1 win

Jenkins( west lincoln sophomore) 3 innings 2 hits in 2-1 loss

Royko (north lincoln senior) 2 outs from perfect games
    Winthrop Saturday night in complete game 1 hitter
    1-0 win

Pitching looks strong in lincoln county

10. ballsandstrikes

ballsandstrikes Junior Member

Posting critical comments about a player by name

Braves, once again you are all over it. Your point is well taken.

..thanks,..:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

B and S