1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who is the Best?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Who is the best team that you have seen so far this year. Try not to be a homer. For my money it's AC Reynolds by a lot. They have it all, great defense, 3 really good running backs, they can pass it when they need to, even the kicking game is top notch. Oh yea, well coached too. The Rockets may be headed to another state 4A championship.

2. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

I haven't personally seen AC Reynolds play but from what I hear, they are the real deal. Hopefully, I will get a chance to see them soon.

The best ream I have personally seen is Maiden. They have a great runningback and solid defense. Bandy's isn't too shabby either.

The BEST player I have seen is the Breitenstein kid from Watauga. WOW!! I would love to be able to see him and Kincaid square off against one another tonight.

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Well, the two best teams I've seen in person is a tie between Burns and TC Roberson. Lance Camp is pretty much the Michael Vick of quarterbacks in the western half of North Carolina. He threw for about 170 yards while runnning for about 80 yards against McDowell. Plus Burns being Burns means they have a ton of athletes. Their biggest problem is defense. They put nine in the box all night against McDowell and Kincaid still ran for 284 and broke three long runs for a score. Justin Wynn is a good running back for Roberson. Both Burns and Roberson are a bit down this year compared to most years but both teams (if they played in the NW4A) would compete for second or third place.

4. titan90

titan90 titan90

Watagua is the best that I've seen this year. We will see next week how they do against Reynolds.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Shelby
    Maiden
    Crest
    Reynolds
    East Gaston

6. Pioneer-Pride16

Pioneer-Pride16 Baseball is Everything

WATAUGA

With eric breitenstein, a junior running back for watauga, with 23 touchdowns and 1687 yards on the season, watauga is looking pretty good right now. the only test that they will probably end up facing this season is AC Reynolds. Watauga, quietly posting a 8-0 record on the year, which also by the way is a school record. This is the first time ever a WHS team has gone 8-0...

but Watauga along with a stunningly quick secondary, blitz-crazy linebackers and a strong upfront D-line...their defense is hard to blister. After holding Terrance Kincaid of McDowell to only one touchdown and holding McDowell to 20 points, Watauga spoils their Homecoming game in classy fashion.

the thing that holds this team together is their family like attitude and a never give in or give up mindset they gained from intense off-season workouts that EVERYONE showed up to.

the numerous weapons that Coach Snow holds at his disposition will pose a hard task for just any team to come in an upset Watauga.
    it also helps when you have a kid like Breitenstein...atleast he doesnt run over EVERYONE they face.

7. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

It's close between Shelby and Country Day...

Shelby has great athletes, size, and speed. They can pound the footbal with Parks, and Montgomery gives them a passing threat.

Country Day is so disciplined. They are going to make you beat them because they rarely beat themselves. They ran so many formations that it was unreal. The defense played hard and hit you. They have a great kicking game and the QB Miller is as close to Lance Camp as I have seen.

Both very different, but both very good.

8. heelsnum1

heelsnum1 Full Access Member

Crest was the best team I have seen.

They can come up with the big plays when they need it. On both sides of the ball. Seeing Country Day match up with Crest, Catholic, and Northwestern, I think Crest has an edge over these teams. They were able to make a couple big plays on a defense that usually doesn't allow them in a tough environment.

Contrary to what I have read, Crest played a pretty well disciplined game (with only a couple exceptions on turnovers). I guess they just really brought their A-game.

9. athleticfan

athleticfan Junior Member

nchs football

When does the actual process of selecting Shrine Bowl team players start? How many high schools are there in NC?

10. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

shelby the best team i have seen this year