1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who to watch for in '06??

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 10, 2005.

1. recon0321

recon0321 Junior Member

Mudcat you are so correct about about the Senior leadership. We need ALL of our seniors to be leaders. I still don't see how he would be the #1 over Pruitt, Grant and the others but if he is he would have the best defense behinde him. I think that if everybody works hard this winter, has a great attitude and comes to play this could be a vary special year for West. Sounds like the West guys are doing very well for themselfs in the tournament, I hope that they bring the same intensity with them this spring... Then we can bring home the :trophy: .

Keep up the good work guys!!!!

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Messages moved

Guys I didn't delete these messages, I moved them to the appropriate thread under WNC Fall Ball Wood Bat League. Thanks, Mudcat

3. baseballfreak

baseballfreak Junior Member

Watch out for Davie

Im telling you right now to keep an eye on Davie County this year. With 5 returning All-Conference players including (CF) Zach Vogler (RF) Brandon Stewart (3B) Zach Howard (RHP) Jon McDaniel and Whit Merrifield who I assume will take over the short-stop roll and have no problem doing it. With Merrifield, who was over .500 for over half the year, leading off with good speed followed by Stewart, a powerful Howard and Vogler, Corrier and a very talented junior in Heath Boyd, Davie is a major contendor in the CPC this year. They have the best defence in the conference with sr SR Vogler in center and Stewart who has a hose in right. Corrier can dig it with the best of them at 1st, the Boyd kid is tough as nails at 2nd, Merrifield who is probably the top all around infielder around, and a gritty Howard at 3rd. From what I've seen Jon McDaniel has great stuff with good control on 4 pitches and a mid 80 fastball. Don't take your eyes off Davie, they will not only make a run at the CPC but they are deep enough to make a run at the big dance.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Can't we post some pics of any of the players that are mentioned?