1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who to watch for in '06??

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 10, 2005.

1. bambam

bambam Junior Member

Garrison Lassiter a rising soph @ Ledford had great #'s. Watched him grow up playing aau with and against my son Zack. Both had freshman years good enough to be all conference... ???????????

2. bambam

bambam Junior Member

Matt Tysinger is also a good hardnose player. He switch hits with power. He doesn't concentrate on baseball like the others players mentioned. But he works real hard during the season and he will be a major contributor at Central Davidson. Hope to get him to legion too.

3. Super Jon

Super Jon Member

Lassiter was real tough against us last year. He probably should've made all-conference in my opinion.

4. Post82#7

Post82#7 Junior Member

Make sure you watch for Dusty Quattlebaum. He is a rising junior at Crest high school and played third base for shelby post 82. He has a big power lefthanded swing and pretty good glove. He finished the legion season with 17 homeruns behind team leader Josh Drewery with 20. Quattlebaum should do well and will be looked at by some major colleges.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I have had an opportunity to see Dusty play. I'll second this recommendation. The boy can hit 'em a loooong way

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Madison has been on the radar screen for a couple of years now and I also agree he could be one of the best in the country. If I could suggest one thing to him. If he wants to be recruited nationally, he needs to join a major summer team (like the Midland Redskins) where everybody would see what he could do against the best in the country. Josh Thrailkill is a good example. Most people in NC realized how talented this young man is, but after playing with a national team....every school in the country knows of him now.

7. TheBull

TheBull Member

Derek will be a good one. has a lot of tools. He is learning alot of baseball on his showcase team coached by Gary Robinson. Best of all he is a great kid!!!

8. deaconfan07

deaconfan07 Junior Member

Three quality players

Andy Partin's Impact 07's have a ton of talent and it showed last weekend at UNC. Greg Holt from West Forsyth hit 91 on the stalker and went 4-6 with 3 rbi's against 06 talent. David Mailman from Providence outstanding 1b and a quality LHP. Ben Bunting from Randleman is a copy of Addison Johnson. Hard nosed, quick stick, and great speed. Throws 84-86 on the bump. Quattebaum (spelling?) was outstanding hitting the ball all over the park. Zeke Blanton from East Rutherforton had a great weekend with the stick and the glove. These are just a few I saw last weekend at UNC. What a great thread for college and pro scouts.

9. Spiderbaseball

Spiderbaseball SQUIRREL

Hunter Wyke

Hunter Wyke, Rising senior at Concord High School. Played @ Concord Post 51 this summer.Plays 2nd, SS, and 3rd

Broke the Concord Post 51 record with a batting average around .700. (Probably one of the highest in the state). Hit around .400 during School ball.

Couple of college recruits are looking very interested in him.

10. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

If you want one-stop shopping to see some great '06 kids, just go to a North Forsyth game next year.

1. Addison Johnson - P/CF - North Forsyth - '06
    2. Dustin Ackley - SS - North Forsyth - '06
    3. Jamie Serber - P - North Forsyth - '06
    4. Wes Hobson - SS/3B - North Forsyth - '06
    5. Stefan Morris - C/OF - North Forsyth - '06

Some others in the Winston-Salem area for '06 and '07:

1. Dustin Johnson - SS/2B - Reynolds - '06
    2. Greg Holt - P/3B - West Forsyth - '07
    3. John Stamper - CF - West Forsyth - '07
    4. Stephen Andrews - CF - Mt. Tabor - '07