1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who to watch for in '06??

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 10, 2005.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Plenty of Help

Madison is a good pitcher with a lot of potential for a bright future. He has not been overused, nor will he be. South Caldwell currently has 3 other pitchers that on any given day can be just as effective as Madison. The coaching staff is not going to overuse anyone, there is no need.

2. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

I've heard Madison is playing with Mallard Creek this fall. With such a quality program at SC, why would Madison be playing Fall Ball somewhere else? Doesn't seem to make alot of sense.

3. MirrorImage7

MirrorImage7 Junior Member

Tyler Manring and John Helsabeck

From reading around on TBR , it seems that 2 seniors will play a large part for their teams this year in the Winston-Salem area. Tyler Manring from West Forsyth who is a versitle player and a hard worker. Jon Helsabeck from Parkland who plays shortstop and seems to be putting in extra work this fall to keep getting better and be ready for the next level. *** For more information click on the top 2006 Unsigned Seniors Thread. A lot more information on the 2 guys on there.

4. FutureCoach

FutureCoach Junior Member

South Caldwell will definitely have a special team this year.They have so many capable players that it will be hard to find all of them playing time.The position that they are definitely the strongest will be with the pitching staff.Along with Madison, who by the way will never wear a college uniform, they also have Matt Gragg, a dominating righty who throws in the high 80's and during a game this summer for Post 29 got clocked at 90-91.He will play Division 1 baseball.Those two will be #1 and #1a.Then after them there is Justin Poovey,a righty who is a junior who throws in the mid 80's and can get the job done.Then there is the Messer kid, who is a sophemore that throws in the mid 80's aswell.So they are pretty loaded on the mound.The one question mark with this team with be the hitting.They have excellent pitching and solid defense, but I am not real sure how well they can swing the sticks.We'll see.

Also this team will be playing in the Shelby Spring Break tourney this year and I heard that Ch. Christian is in that aswell.Does anyone know who else will be joining these teams?

5. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Future Coach, I'm not sure where your question mark came from. Let me assure you, that if the right kids are in the line up, hitting will not be a question. This group swings the stick strong.

6. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

There was a South Caldwell Spartan team at the Copperhead showcase at Pfeifer College. Is this the same team that you are writing about?

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

My guess is South Meck, East Meck, CC, Burns, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby

8. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

I know they are playing some tournaments this Fall, so it may have been. I think they only have 9 or 10 players, since the football players don't play fall ball.

9. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

What a tournament

If this is correct, this should be one of the best Spring tournaments around.

10. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Partially

It was part of the team, football players are not allowed to play, and a few others chose not to play fall ball. This Fall team is comprised of 7 - 16 year old, 1 - 17 year old, and 2 - 18 year old players. They are all from South Caldwell and playing in 18 year old showcase tournaments against showcase travel teams to raise their level of competitive experience.