1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who will win it all in NC?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by pantherfan71, May 21, 2009.

1. pantherfan71

pantherfan71 Junior Member

Looking for input on your favorites. Lets keep it real and list your favorites, and by favorites I don't mean the team that your daughter plays for unless you really think they are a top team. I think the most competitive will be the 2A west. Whomever makes it out of that bunch has the edge to win it in Raleigh.

Here are my picks.

4A- North Davidson or Alexander Central. ND has no weak spot from 1-9 in the batting lineup and two of the best pitchers in NC. AC is strong, but I am not sure if the pitching will hold up to go all the way.

3A- SW Randolph is real strong and is very underated. Beat ND earlier in the season and have an awesome pitcher with strong battting. I hear that DH Conley is strong, but haven't seen them play.

2A- Winner comes out of the West. You have Ledford, Mt. Pleasant, Pisgah, Starmount and Forbush not to forget about 2X Defending Champ Central Davidson who now has Chelsea Leonard (20 K's) tuesday back on the pitchers mound for the playoffs. Not sure about everybody else, but I know that Murphy from Ledford and Leonard from CD are awesome pitchers and can shutdown teams. Things will change friday night with key matchups Ledford-Forbush and Central Davidson-Starmount.

1A- East Surry all the way. I watched them play earlier in the season and they are strong. Best hitting team I seen all season in the 1A ranks and the pitcher is real good.

2. softballdad94

softballdad94 Full Access Member

You don't think any teams from the east have a chance??????

3. coach44

coach44 Full Access Member

East Teams : 4A Person & 2A Northwood

Watch out for 4A Person & 2A Northwood from the East. Both teams have plenty of talent, are well coached & motivated.

4. Aquaman1

Aquaman1 Junior Member

I feel pretty good about seeing Richlands in Raleigh from the 2A east. They play in a very competitive conference. I would like to see a 2A match up of the undefeated from the east and west - Pisgah and Richlands.

5. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Sneak up

Butler or Audrey Kell, and even Providence could sneak up on the favorites given the right circumstance. All three have good starting pitchers, can hit, and do not make many mistakes normally. All three from one of toughest conferences in state!
    Mt Pleasant has some sticks and score a number of runs every time out, have to like them!
    Agree CD and Ledford are awesome! Good players and two of best pitchers in NC, maybe the best ever in Chelsea!:spanka:

6. catchinheat_3

catchinheat_3 Full Access Member

T.C. Roberson

Some of the 3-A teams are getting ready to watch this team play. They have never been mentioned in these state polls, which may be a good thing for them. It wouldn't be a surprise to see them in Raleigh

7. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Full Access Member

Under the Radar

Wasn't all the talk this year that Enka was the team to beat. Maybe thats why TC stayed under the radar. By the way how did Enka and TC do head to head?

:fryingpan:

8. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I'm 99% sure Enka swept the regular season, while Roberson took the tourney championship. I would love to see Saint Stephens take it to Raleigh.