1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's got the Nicest Stadium/Field?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by WCU4Life, May 1, 2006.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

I am a big fan of Fuquay's field. Haven't been there in a year or two, but the playing surface is very well maintained and looks beautiful. The dugouts (atleast the visitors) is small and compact, but has a large bullpen that can hold some of the run off from the dugout. The stands could use some work (but like I said, i haven't been there lately) but its a great atmosphere for a high school game.

A field to keep an eye on in a year or two is Cary High. I know I am a little biased, but CHS is undergoing a TON on campus remodeling and that runs over to the baseball field. It's in a great location and has all the makings of a beautiful park. It'll be fun to see what the finished product looks like. It's a MESS right now.

Garner High's field looks sharp as well. The PA building is as nice as they come. Tons of space for fans, but could use some bleacher help. Playing field is great as well.

2. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

agree

Fuquay-Varina has new, large, nice aluminum bleachers. I was there recently for a softball game but noticed the baseball facility. Yes they do have a very nice baseball park. Noticed they have a short brick wall backstop with the fabric netting instead of chain-link. Great-looking playing surface & grass. The softball field had a great playing surface as well so someone there is working to keep both sites in good condition.
    Agree also that Garner has a very good baseball facility.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Laney down in Wilmington has a great high school field as well.

4. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

id have to put my vote in for charlotte christian. i may be alittle bias from being around the area alot, but they just got a new scoreboard, they have a state-of-the-art sound system that is LOUD, great lighting, brand new brick backstop and dugouts, not to mention a new lockerroom, a and close to perfect playing surface. and with sardis road in LF and the tall evergreens in RF i say CCS is close to the top place to play in NC

Playing surface: 5
    Scoreboard: 5
    Dugouts: 5
    Extras: 5
    Seating: 3

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  5. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I'm biased in my support for North Davidson's setup. Field is immaculate & the setting is pastoral.

I have to give Davie County's park kudos too. It doesn't belong to the high school, so it probably shouldn't count in this poll.

6. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Thanks for the plug Flotg, but we'd like to forget the home runs!

Also forgot to mention the new PA system, which is every bit as good as CCS's.

7. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Yes, and a Million Dollar hitting facility, complete with players lounge. It was built when Trent Mongero coached there, paid for with private money... From what I hear it is second to none.

8. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

Trent Mongero ??

where does Trent Mongero coach at now??

9. HiYa

HiYa Member

Watauga has a nice field with a indoor hitting facility and many more positive things and not to mention Coach Hardee and his coaching staff spend many hours working on the field to make it look good. North Davidson has a nice field also. South Meck and Providence are also top of the line. I also like Shelby High and Kinston.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Has anyone been to Manteo? I have heard that it is a tremendous setting and the field itself is beautiful