1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's got the Nicest Stadium/Field?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by WCU4Life, May 1, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

ummm...I would suggest you also come to Charlotte sometime. You might ditto your response....:D

2. LadyColt2

LadyColt2 Member

:biggrina:

West STANLY...no E, please!!!:banginghe

3. rice14

rice14 Junior Member

Well said. Coach Lee puts a lot of time into maintaining West's facilities. The playing surface is superb, and there is not a bad seat to be found for watching a ballgame. Was told when Lenoir-Rhyne's head coach came to scout Kurt Benton the other night, the first thing he talked about was how nice the field was. He compared it to a double-A minor league stadium.

Braves...the Charlotte area fields like Providence and Charlotte Christian are great in certain aspects. Providence's playing surface is great w/ beautiful grass, but the surroundings don't complement the field itself. Charlotte Christian has probably the nicest dugouts/clubhouse/PA system I've ever seen, but the field itself needs some improvement. West Stanly has a great all-around park, with a great atmosphere, and it's amazing the park is being compared to minor league fields w/o a big Charlotte budget. I've seen the Charlotte fields...now I'd like to invite you to come out to The Ballpark at West Stanly. :welcome:

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

No offense to you, rice, or West Stanley's field. I have heard how good it is. I know (olefty) personally and I was kidding him about coming to Charlotte. He's been here a couple of times, but he always gets lost.

...and I will take you up on your invitation. Do you have a good concession stand? I know where my priorities are :D

5. WCU4Life

WCU4Life Junior Member

NF Field

I have been to North Forsyth a time or 2. To advance in the playoffs in the Western region for the last 5 years, you have to go through NF, and it looks to be the same this year. As far as their field goes, the brick backing is a little high for the bleachers that they have, but recently they have gotten some larger ones that will hopefully take care of that problem. Their infield looks great, and the painted graphics they have down are pretty cool as well.

6. homeplate

homeplate Full Access Member

no doubt about it the best fields 1. Newman park - catawba college rowan county legion. 2. Rich Park - Mocksville Legion Davie County
    3. Mcrary park Asheboro - Asheboro High school, Asheboro Legion,Copperheads
    4. the park in wilson n.c
    5. the new hit toms stadium.in Thomasville- High Point

7. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Braves

Been ther and u r correct definitely second to none in the state GO INDIANS!!!!!!

8. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Oh and by the way!!!!!!!

It s tough to build reconstruct and keep up a facility when your AD is taking the money your players raise and the boosters and well maybe you can figure it out!?!??!.....................:77321_bs:

9. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

Our field (West Stokes) would be a lot better if we could ever get lights. We had someone willing to donate $100,000 to light the baseball field, practice football field, and tennis courts but the school board wouldn't take it. They kept telling us we'd get them in April and it's now May and we have no lights. Because of that, we're having to play our first round "home" playoff game somewhere else. The closest field, Ernie Shore Field in Winston, can't be used because the Warthogs are at home. We may have to go an hour away to Catawba College to play our "home" game. The same thing happened last year. We were in the Western Finals and had to play our "home" game at Ernie Shore Field.

10. rice14

rice14 Junior Member

Gotcha about olelefty. There was no offense taken though...just voicing my sometimes "biased" opinion. But yeah, the grill is always fired up at West, so c'mon. Best ballpark franks in NC...well, not gonna stretch in that far...just regular ole dogs.