1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's got the Nicest Stadium/Field?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by WCU4Life, May 1, 2006.

1. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

can u be more specific? we always look to please our guests!

2. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

I loved West Stanly's field when we played down there last year in the playoffs.

3. WCU4Life

WCU4Life Junior Member

Why don't you look to play at South Stokes? They likely won't be in the playoffs this year. Other possibilities that West Stokes should look into are R.J. Reynolds, Reagan, Parkland, East Forsyth, West Forsyth or the field at King Rec. Acres. I know the field at KRA may need some work, but it can be done.

4. Stumpman

Stumpman Full Access Member

I love this field also but the biggest problem is that there are cows literally 50 feet from homeplate. That can be a little rough for you city boys.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Real cows?...can you milk them between innings?...cool!!! I like WS more and more

6. SuperJon

It looks like we'll be playing at West. It'll hafta be a 5:00 start so the school we're playing will have to leave school around noon or so.

7. rice14

rice14 Junior Member

Yeah, I'm sure Holderfield fell in love with it too after his 2 mammoth jacks. Those balls were hit a mile. ...Good luck in the playoffs West Stokes, maybe we can have a re-match.

...there's no where to go in Stanly County to get away from the cows. West's old field had a cow pasture behind the 1st base dugout, as does the new field. But hey, we're from the country, and we like it that way.

8. SuperJon

I don't think Holderfield's home run to left would've ever came down had it not hit the top of the light pole. That was a freakin jack.

9. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

West Henderson

West Henderson has to be included in this conversation. Great mountain setting and top notch facilities make it one of the nicest fields in WNC.

10. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Cherryville High School

I'd put in a vote for Cherryville High School. The overall facility there is comparable to some college or even minor league stadiums. The downside is that with the Bermuda grass infield if there isn't an unseasonably warm late winter and early spring the grass doesn't become green until the middle of the season.