1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's the best in Charlotte?

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by cc12501, Feb 13, 2003.

1. cc12501

cc12501 Full Access Member

After watching what are probably the best two teams in Charlotte play the other night, I'd have to say Charlotte Christian is the best team over Victory Christian. Christian won by around 30 against a top 30 team in the nation.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

That game was certainly impressive for CC. Didn't they play each other in the Dell Curry tournament. What was the difference between the two games?

3. cc12501

No, but they played earlier in the season at Victory and Victory won in a close game. But after what I saw the other night, there's no doubt Christian's the better team. I would bet money they're the best in the state.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I read this crazy post at that other board from a VCC fan. He states that VCC is not sound fundamentally and are quitters, but they still are better than CC. This, after taking a Whoopin' :rolleyes:

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Guess this question will be decided in the next few weeks.....but outside of Charlotte....its McDowell at this time of the year! Like to hear from scfan and ole bigdan on this subject since the early season tournament featuring some Charlotte teams VS NWC (McDowell.....)! Good Luck to all teams!

6. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

McDowell, led by Anna Atkinson could very well take it all this year keeping the 4A state championship in the NW4A for a second year.(Freedom in 2002) This little point guard is such a pleasure to watch, does everything you want your point guard to do. Best fundamentally sound player I've seen this year, boys or girls! Also have a fine shooter in Snyder and solid post player in May. The Lovic girl for McDowell plays hard and does a little bit of everything for them. Will have a tough game friday against a scrappy AC Reynolds team who played McDowell to a 3 point game a week ago. Don't forget my beloved Freedom Patriots, they can still make some noise in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to play them in the 1st or 2nd round. They beat a very good Charlotte Christian team over Christmas.

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

guys and gals, it's been a really interesting season here in this part of North Carolina. First off, hearing of Charlotte Christian beating VCC dosen't shock me at all. Quite frankly, I thought Victory Christian's luck had to run out eventually. Now, that's not to say that VCC is a fluke, but since last year VCC had prevailed in all the close matchups, but finally the other team comes out on top.

And as far as McDowell goes, playing Charlotte Christian and Asheville back during Christmas was the best thing that could have happened to McDowell.

Before Christmas, McDowell was playing cupcake city (East Rutherford, RS Central) and was never really challenged by anybody until Christmas.

McDowell also struggled through the first half of conference play, even though they won all their game. They just were not putting away the inferior teams in conference. Then, when the first Freedom game came around, McDowell started putting it all together. Snider's shot, which was struggling all year started falling and has been falling ever since. McDowell's offense in general was effective, and McDowell showed somewhat of a killer instinct at the end of the game. That has been the case ever since.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

bigdan, where have you been lately........TBR is looking for Your assistance!
    McDowell is firing on all cyclinders and hope they win it all. Thanks for blessing our new basketball forum over>>>>here!:jump: :jump:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  9. cc12501

I don't know if anyone saw the newspaper but it said how the Cardinal Gibbons team had shirts saying State Champs 2003: Unfinished Business and the Charlotte Christian girls saw them with those shirts on. Today the two best independent teams met in the state final and Christian beat them by 20. Congrats to the back to back champs and should be #1 team in the Observer(not to mention a team who should be nationally ranked).

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Not sure but Evan Miller(CC) has done well down at USC-S this year as a Freshmen.......God has blessed this young lady....just wish she Loved Softball as Her SPORT.......oh welllllllll:applause: and hope she contiunes to improve as the team will follow this great Local Girl.

:)