1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Why are all these "A" teams going to the "B" World Series?????

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by MyGirlsBiggestFan, Jul 12, 2006.

1. BombsRedDad

BombsRedDad Member

Hot topic obviously.

Personally, I think there are to many travel teams (in our area) which tends to dilute the talent pool. I also know there are teams that want to be a travel team, but don't really want to "travel". I guess to each his own, although as the team gets older, I believe it will defeat the whole purpose of a travel team.

I don't really have a problem with the "B" classification. As someone stated earlier, tends to be first year or weaker teams. Because of the time, distance and money, it might not make sense for them to go to Ohio to get "beat on". You can bet there will be some local (Ohio) teams there that are not "A" teams just because of the proximity (same thing last year in Charlotte).

However, I do think it is a good observation that some of the stronger NC teams are going to VA instead of Ohio. I would think these teams would want the opportunity to get to play against the strongest competition.

My DD's team (Fuquay Bombs Red 14U) will be in Ohio and I believe a couple of the 10U teams are going as well.

2. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Last time I checked, you have to qualify ( ie..win something ) to go the ASA Nationals....
    If the other organizations ( pick a letter, any letter ) want to hold National Championships, make the teams at least be a state champion or win a designated National qualifier.

Don't make it all about the money..

Everybody else should be a "B" team until they have earned the right
    to play. We would not be having this discussion if this was in place.

The other problem is the mad rush to "play up". Correct me if I am wrong,
    but we have 3 NC based 18U teams qualified for the ASA Natl Championship in KY.... Ray's Cardinals, CC Challengers, LBlues

How many NC based 16U teams are qualified for the 16U ASA National?

click here for your answer
    http://www.spysoftball.com/16u_nationals.htm

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

4. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Old Friend

Excellent Post! I have had a lot of issues on my 16U team mainly concerning playing up! Most kids are told if U made your HS team U should play 18U, not going to get any better playing 16U! How can they improve if their playing time is limited at 18U level? As someone said earlier, we have too many teams, a severe dilution of talent, and quite frankly I am not sure I am going to continue to have teams at all age groups, it is too big a hazzle and the parents are just getting to be more than I can stand. I run a company working 50 plus hours a week and spend the rest of my waking hours dealing with Lady Blues issues. It seems all teams and organizations are suffering through more issues then ever before. I agree with John, a reflection on society, everything is someone else's fault and how can U not see that my DD is the best player in the country! Heck I as the parent can see it and whether we win or not, she needs to play every inning and only have 9 players so U can make sure she plays every inning.

On another Quick note I agree a player can play for any team and get recruited if her coach sales her to colleges and she e-mails coaches, fills out questionnaires, completes applications to the schools, if a rising seniors, and continues to let coaches know her schedules at each tourney she attends. That said, no question if Ray Chandler tells a college coach a kid is able to play at a certain level, that coach will put stock in his word due to his many years in fastpitch and the trips he has taken to Nationals. Organizations through out the country are followed by the College Coaches because of their success and their appearnace at the right tourneys. I am not saying those organizations win all the time are have better coaches, they just have researched and found where to go to get the most exposure for their kids. There are many good teams in NC that could play at the National level, they just need to make sure they work to get in the national tourneys. It took me three years and a play in tourney to get to Colorado's big Showcase but we kept trying and now we are there till we do not want to be. Hang in there, keep pressing to make the special tourneys and all will be fine. I am impressed with the 2006,2007, and upcoming 2008 crop of NC Talent. Heck we have a couple 2009 kids playing 18U.:blah: :blah:

5. F-PITCH

F-PITCH Full Access Member

6. tigerfan

tigerfan Member

REMEMBER THE PAST

There are a lot of A teams going to Salem Va from diffent states.I remember in 2002 14u The Carolina Cobras was the BEST team in NC and they went to the B world series in Salem VA and they went 7-0 and now most of those girls are playing with the Cardinals and lady Blues but you can't take that 1st WORLD SERIES away from them and and it is something they will never forget THE FIRST TEAM IN NC TO WIN A NSA WORLD SERIES. YOU CAN'T FORGET THE CRUSHER RED WON THE 1ST NSA A WORLD SERIES IN OHIO IN 2004 GOOD LUCK TO ALL NC TEAMS THAT ARE GOING TO WORLD SERIES AND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS YOU ALL HAVE WORKED HARD TO GET WHERE YOU ARE AT.

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

knock'em out ladies

Salem, VA and softball at any level is GREAT. Best Wishes NC Teams!

to answer the ?.......cause it possible and works well for the organization(s).

8. change-up2

change-up2 Full Access Member

USSSA WS 13u "B" ???

CF , we are a NC team up here in the 13U WS in Cincinnati Ohio, these kids here from 8 states and Canada are the biggest,fastest,hardest hitting 13U's I've ever seen!

(NC)Smokey Mountain Sting 3
    (IL)Crystal Lake Tidal Waves 0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  9. softball_56

softball_56 Full Access Member

We just played in a B World and won it. We beat the Jacksonville Storm that just finished 5th in the Dynamite Classic. We beat them and won the 16u World last year also. They beat the CC Challengers in the Dynamite. Not a lot of difference in some A and B teams. We have a lot of fun no matter who or where we are playing. We wish the best for all teams regardless of level of play. It's simply a matter of choice.

www.eteamz.com/carolinalookouts18u

10. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Great pictures change-up2. thanks for sharing!