1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WHY I HOPE SCOTLAND BEATS RICHMOND THIS YEAR

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by THE TRUTH DETECTOR, Sep 23, 2003.

1. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

THE TRUTH DETECTOR Full Access Member

The big rival game for the Raiders has become BORING.Last years game was great.Scotland dominated for 3 and a half quarters and still lost.The gane is still intense but I remember back in the day the hatred the teams and fans had was amzing.It is now a lovefest.WebRaider and The Scotsman sitting in the tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G....It is downright disgusting.Maybe if Scotland wins...Which I dont think will happen..will had some fuel to this once great rival game.Mark Barnes could have the talent of Independence and still lose to Richmond

2. WebRaider

WebRaider Full Access Member

:rolleyes: GO RAIDERS!

3. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

They will win but it is BORING having them smash Scotland every year.

4. kevdaman

kevdaman Junior Member

I don't think it's boring. I love seeing the Scots get their confidence up only to leave the game broken hearted. Just another routine win. GO RAIDERS!!!

5. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

My point exactly..The Raiders need a need enemy cause Scotland is a GIVEN W

6. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Junior Member

Really Idiot ?

2000 Richmond scores with 49 seconds left to win
    2001 Richmond scores with about 2 1/2 minutes left to win
    2002 Richmond scores with 9 secs left to win

Yea Right.......

7. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

1997 Raiders win 34-14 1998 28-0 1999 41-21..Yes those were great teams and its no suprise they pimped slapped you.The last time Richmond lost to Scotland was 1994.Its 2003. This year will make 9 years in a row.Even with subpar Raider teams you STILL have lost.One more thing...The Raider win in 2001 you failed to mention our starting QB was injured in the 3rd quarter at YOUR place.You all had the lead and we still beat you.The game was NOT decided in the final 2 minutes. In 2002 you proved why you will be second fiddle to Richmond.You lost to what I felt was a subpar Raider team.Face it Scottie you cannot beat us with a great team and not even with a average team.On October 10 you wont be facing a average Raider team.The only way you stay in the game if the Raiders make mental errors..If the Raiders bring their A game on offense and defense..Blowout city....DUMMY..

O yeah here is what happened in 2001...from the Raider website.
    The game was decided because your defense could not get the job done....as usual.

In the second half senior defensive back/ quarterback Charles Morman took the Raiders on his back playing both ways to help with Jamar Bryant being out. The Raiders defense stopped the Fighting Scots on their first possession and took over at the Scotland 49 yard line for their first offensive series of the third quarter. Morman directed the Raiders like a general into battle and led his troops on a six play scoring drive that ended with a 28 yard touchdown scamper on third down. The Raiders attempt for a two-point conversion was no good and they led 12-7.

Scotland fought back grinding out an 11 play series taking them into the fourth quarter and a score after QB Ronald Hunt threw a 20-yard touchdown pass to Travis Monroe. The Fighting Scots went for two after the score and were unsuccessful but led 13-12 with around 12 minutes to play in the game. The Raiders responded with their own grinding drive, pounding away with a powerful running game that led them to a fourth and goal play at the Scotland one with a little over five minutes left. On fourth down at the Scots one yard line the Raiders elected to go for the touchdown and got just that as fullback Chuckie Graham bashed his way into the end zone .The Raiders attempted another 2 point conversion and this time they were successful as Morman threw to tight end Kyle Belkoski for the score and taking a 20-13 lead.(TRANSLATION....SCOTLAND DEFENSE CHOKES AGAIN...AT HOME)

Richmond’s defense stepped up big time and forced the Scot’s to punt with three minutes to play at which point the Raider offense attempted to complete the victory with yet another vicious drive down the field.(Translation...Another Pimp slapping whos your daddy in your house drive down the field) The Raiders were faced with another important 4th down decision at the Scotland 38 yard line with 57 seconds on the clock. They once again went for it and got a first down and were able to run the clock out from that point for a 20-13 win. (Translation...SCOTLANDS DEFENSE COULD NOT GET THE JOB DONE AT HOME)

This came from www.richmondraiders.com Translations for the blind Scotland fans by the ever caring Truth Detector

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

9. sds70

sds70 You Can't Touch Me!!!

Man, the battle for the rusty US74 Road Sign is on :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!! Who is hosting the game this time? Where is the big post game party going to be at? What's that sportsbar at the SCOTLAND INN named again (grrrrh, I should know what it is . . . I use to work at the Kmart in Laurinburg for 4.5 years and I went there for lunch/dinner quite a bit :mad: :mad: . . )

10. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

:D :D