1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Why is ACHS sacred of CC ?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Eastburke9074, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Eastburke9074

Eastburke9074 Junior Member

I was told that AC took CC out of the clash of champions. Why? Because they don't want Monte coming back and kicking their butts. I think that before it is over that AC will have to play CC if they want to prove anything to the school and fans at ACHS. To the people that push Sherrill out are you crazy. He was the best coach at ACHS for a long time until people try to tell him what to do. So back to AC not playing CC. This is not to the players but to who ever took CC off. Grow some balls and play them and until you do you are going to ask yourself this can we beat them now.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Clash of Champions tournament will fall apart now that Coach Sherrill is gone. Those quality teams came to T-Ville b/c of him and they probably play Concord this year! Still... we wish the players of AC the best of luck and they will be successful in 2004!

3. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Concerning the clash

To get the story straight about the clash you need to go to the source. CC or coach had already contacted all teams concerned for the clash of champions Penn. Tenn. and everyone else and had them committed to CC so AC couldn't continue to have the clash as usual. AC WILL BE HAVING AN EASTER CLASH / TIFFANY CROUSE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT NEXT SPRING. So looks like AC had no decision in this it was taken care long before. Hope that clears that up.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  4. TheJoker

TheJoker Junior Member

Clash

I talked to Sherrill. He said the Clash has moved to Concord. He said 12-15 teams were coming. As far as AC playing in the Clash of Champions, yuo have to be a Champion to play in it. 3rd place finishes and not going to the playoffs took care of that. ACFan needs to stick to what you do best. Waddle around the field, mow the field, and keep your head up every AC coaches butt.:cool:

5. achs_softball_2003

achs_softball_2003 Junior Member

AC vs CC

Well....I was told by MANY very reliable sources that the Administration at AC would not allow them to play Sherrill & The Vikings! As far as the Clash...where it's played....and who plays in it...its like this....Coach Sherrill started this tournament on his own...if it were not for him and the trips we took to Tennessee, South Carolina, and Ohio we would have never known about these "Champion" teams! The schedule was already made out for this past year or some of the teams that were there may not have been! For where it is played....Sherrill developed the tournament and who is in it...I feel that he has the right to take it with him where he goes! I wish both teams the BEST of luck...and I will be there to see some of both teams games!!

P.S......Sherrill has a wonderful oppurtunity for himself this year and another state championship under HIS belt....good luck!!:D

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Re: AC vs CC

Thanks gal for your response and insight; as Coach and AC have moved on with their 2004 plans, it should be an exciting and fun year for both AC & CC.

Political stuff really stinks ........................and Boy did we get a dose of life over the last few years in FP Softball @ AC and many other hs in NC.........plus other sancation ball teams!
    ;) Contiune to work hard ladies and Good luck to AC, CC, ER, ND,SSHS, NI, LN, CHS, BHS. VHS, EHS and all hs teams !:cool:

7. tip

tip Junior Member

ACfan,

You can forget the success you are dreaming of (not going to happen) The standard of success at AC has been set with the State Championship banners that hang in the gym. Joker keep us posted on Sherrill's success at CC. I'm glad to see someone who speaks the truth about this matter.

8. TheJoker

TheJoker Junior Member

AC Fan

From what I understand from Sherrill, your daughter is a good player, but rest assured, Leah Krohn would have been his chioce for pitcher. I will transfer the message about the quitting all the other sports to him at CC. Better be careful what you say if it is not true because he has been known to go off on those who talk trash about him. For the 14 years.... 14 seasons of Conference Championships,,,,,,,, one year gone-3rd place finish, no 20 game winner, no Clash, no playoffs, no trips to tournaments, no excitement, but plenty of Hoke and Bumgarner. Good Luck to AC and CC.

9. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

:)

10. tip

tip Junior Member

ACfan,

I see that You and the Adminstration at Alexander are thinking alike. What happens today on the field should not be forgotten. The field is a learning ground for life. What has happened in the past at AC will not be forgotten and that is why AC will never get out of the hole they have dug. You can't treat people the way Sherrill was treated and think all will be forgotten. Build another Chair, mow a little more grass and keep your mouth shut .