1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Will Providence Prevail

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by CuriousGeorge, Dec 10, 2012.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Junior Member

How do you guys expect Providence will do as they must reload with talent. Only 2 returning everyday starters, they have a very talented group of rising Juniors that will be able to compare to the class that graduated last year... With Campana, Buttrey, Herbert, macaltchie... Ect.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  2. baseballlady

baseballlady Full Access Member

Providence's upcoming season...

Our (Clem and me) take on the upcoming season for Providence is that while they might be competitive, don't bet the ranch on them. That crowd reminded us of the Bosox last season. They appeared to us to have no player leadership either on the field on in the dugout. Lots of players thinking "me" rather than "team". They lost that last night to an inferior team with some spirit. We don't know about the new starters. Rather, we believe the overall strength will reside with 3 or 4 teams in the IMECK. I could elaborate but we realize that would fall on deaf ears. Clem and I look forward to the HS season.

Merry Christmas to all of you,

BBL

3. CuriousGeorge

New Talant

I have heard rumors of the sophomore catcher Fishel, the younger brother of the utility that graduated last year. I have had people compare him to Logan Koch but with a better bat. I will expect big things from Furman commit Black along with Dejuneas. Jimmy Doolittle will most likely be the dominant pitcher in the conference, I have heard of him hitting 94 with the SCP this summer. Proehl will also be a factor, one of the quickest infielders i have seen in years, he could be compared to Jake Fincher in the field and on the bases. I have watched Reardon since he was young, he is a rising junior I beleive, outfielder who I saw last year go 4-4 with a grand slam off of the Georgia commit Doug Norman. The sophomore class is strong looking at the SCP website I see 4 providence 2015's on the renown travel team.

4. matos23

matos23 Full Access Member

I would "bet the ranch" that they will be competitive. Will they be the favorite in their league, no, and they shouldn't be. They have a lot to prove but they have an outstanding coach and more than enough talent to be "competitive."

There are some very good teams in the I-Meck this year, but Providence will be capable of beating them on any given night.

5. CuriousGeorge

I can see a SW4A team going the distance this year, In previous years there has always been a team that feels as if they are destined to win the championship, that they are the favorite and must deal with this burden! Not this year, there is no miraculous team to have that pressure, I can see a team sliding under the state radar and surprising the hell out of the state come May/June.