1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wingate Wingate Wingate !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Sorry guys, I know this is a HS forum, but forgive me. This is my college team and its been 10 years since Wingate accomplished this. The program took a dip in their success until Coach Allen Osborne came aboard. He quickly brought in some major talent from across our state to the squad resulting in their becoming Conference Champions today.

The Wingate University Bulldogs swept a doubleheader over the Eagles of Carson-Newman College in South Atlantic Conference baseball action Saturday afternoon at Ron Christopher Stadium and Plyler Athletic Field. The Bulldogs won 6-5 and 6-0 to improve to 27-13 overall and 19-5 in the SAC. The victories clinch a regular Season SAC title for the Bulldogs, their first since the 2000 season.

Attached Files:

2. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Is that TJ's butt sticking straight up in the air??????

3. Schaefer

Schaefer Full Access Member

Congrats to the players at Wingate, Allen Osborne, Jeff Gregory and Ben Hall. People are starting realize how good Wingate's coaching staffs really is. If you ever get a chance to talk baseball with anyone of them don't pass it up. Not only are those guys good baseball people they are just plain good people who love the game and the kids.

I texted Os last night to Congratulate him and in true Os fashion his response was "A great bunch of kids". Giving all the glory to the kids....Class act

4. beohj

beohj Full Access Member

Wingate

It was a terrific day for baseball at Wingate. There was such an electrifying atmosphere at the games. Everyone was pumped up and anxious for the Bulldogs to not tie for the conference championship but to win it out right and they did! I am excited and proud that my son will be a Bulldog next year! What a great baseball family we will be joining. I don't want high school ball to end but I can see what lies in the future for him. Great job Coach Os, Gregory, Hall, Crocco and all the players at Wingate. Good luck in the tournament.

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

congrats to the bulldogs... amazing atmosphere for a college baseball game...love seeing the game. :hurray::hurray:

6. Braves

No--he was crushed on the bottom

7. Braves

West Forsyth= Wingate North

Great seeing you yesterday Coach. I must say you have outkicked your coverage with your wife.

8. HomeRunHomer

HomeRunHomer Full Access Member

Great Job Dogs!!

9. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

Great job guys.....I played there and was able to go back and watch the games and trust me these boys can hit.

10. Braves

Here's the amazing thing. When Coach Osborne took over the program he told the administration that it would take 3 years to develop a team to compete for the conference championship....talk about putting pressure on yourself! When you make that type of commitment to a President of a University, he will hold you accountable to your commitment.

This is year 3.

It takes more than just recruiting high calibre talent to turn around a program. The hardest part is to teach them how to win. That's no small achievement. As CBC mentioned, the staff at Wingate are quality people as well as outstanding coaches.