1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Winter workouts: Long toss vs and/or weighted balls

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GloveSide, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

All I have to say is wait til the Boot Camp in December. It is not a showcase or an ID camp, but a hard nose workout that will separate the serious minded from others. It was a major success last year and this years' will be even better.

The details will be posted later, but it is an exciting fun event that last year's was FREE!!!!!

2. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

:REDanceFdans002HL: Free interests me....

3. Braves

I thought GREEN was your favorite

4. Freddy Suggs

Freddy Suggs Full Access Member

This is instructional...never shut down from this. And it's FREE!!

5. Braves

Last year's was. This year's will be nominal. Since we're moving the site and paying for some hotel rooms, BBQ a pig and other food and looks like we'll have a major guest to speak (I mean big time) too.... This is going "Big Time".

BUT...the whole point is built around a tough workout and giving serious minded ballplayers a taste of what will be expected. The Boot Camp is all about the players....no frills....and a great time

6. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

Do you know dates yet?

Have you picked dates yet, so we can get it on the calendar? (I can try to get it in the calendar before my wife has scheduled all the Christmas parties !! ):FOFRBanana0518HL:

7. Braves

Saturday Dec. 20...perfect X-mas gift

8. Braves

Here's a taste of last year's and this one will be even better:

Boot Camp Training For Free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got your attention. If there are any players out there interested this is what I have in mind. "Free" Baseball Boot Camp at our HS. We start the day out early 8am.

8am - The proper way to static stretch. We show the guys numerous types of static stretches for the entire body. We then use thera bands and show the many exercises that can be used to strengthen the arm and loosen it up before throwing.

8:45am - Agility training. We then do agility training. Ladder drills. Cone drills. The players perform these drills and learn how to train on agility.

9:15am - Core training. We show the many drills that can be done to strengthen the core. Med balls (numerous drills) and body weight core training. Tractor tire flips.

9:45am - Hurdles for hip flexor's - increase your range of motion - increase your stride length - increase your flexibility - increase your speed.

10:15am - Break to eat some vittles.

10:45am - How to put the thunder in your bat. Exercises that you can do at home - take 15 minutes a night away from the x-box and put some power in your arsenal with 15 minutes a night.

11:15am - Strengthen your arm and help prevent injuries. T's and Y's Training for the shoulder. These exercises if dont routinely at night before you go to bed in the comfort of your own home will dramatically make a difference. I will show you what you need ( Walmart for only 10.00 ) and how to do it.

11:45am - Time to do what you should love to do. Hit! Hit! Hit! and hit some more. BP on the field. min 50 swings on the field with the top BP thrower in Granville County. We will let you have some fun. We will talk about hitting. We will talk about the mental side of hitting. We will talk about the swing and the swing process.

1:45pm - Break to eat some more vittles.

2:45pm - We will do what you should love to do. Hit! Hit! Hit! and hit some more. BP on the field. min of 50 more swings on the field. We will hit bp with a pitch count for situations. We will work on hitting backside , up the middle and pullside.

4:45pm - We will wrap it up with questions and answers. Anything you want to talk about. Baseball related of course. Then if anyone wants to we will hit some more. If you can handle the weather depending on how cold it is that day.

This is FREE. This is open to all baseball players. I encourage all players 14 and up to attend if you want to see what has helped several players over the past few years. I will have Chris Luck (Tamp Rays) RHP on hand to talk about pitching and mechanics. I hope to have Matt Harrison (Texas Rangers) lhp on hand as well. Rusty May (Liberty Univ) All State catcher from Southern Durham HS. JD Dutton (NC State) (Seattle Mariners) All State 3b lh hitter from Southern Durham on hand to talk to the hitters and watch you take your swings.

This is not your traditional camp. This is about seeing and learning how to take your game to the next level of play. How to really work at getting Baseball stronger , faster , more agile and more flexible. These drills and instruction are designed to specifically relate to baseball actions.

If you want to spend an entire day at the baseball field. If you want to be toast by the end of the day. If you want to be able to take some things back home with you that can make a difference in your game. And you love to hit. ITS FREE lets have some fun. PM me if you are GOING to come. Parents are welcome to be on the field to watch and listen when we instruct on the drills and talk about how to perform them.

Do not come if you are not serious about getting better. Do not come if you do not want to listen and pay attention. Do not come if you are soft. Do not come if you do not like to hit. Do not if you do not like to shag. Do not come if you do not want to get better.

Please come if you are serious about getting better. Please come if you love to hit and shag. And please come and have some fun and maybe we all can learn from each other. As long as there is (one) player that is coming we will do this on this date.

SATURDAY - DEC 22nd 8:00 AM - If your on time your late. If your late dont bother coming. If your early you are on time.

9. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

Any idea what city?

Any idea where this will be held?

10. Braves

This year we are also having pitchers and catchers. I believe the evaluators/instructors we are lining up for those positions will be amazing. The reason we'll be able to continue to do this at such a low cost is because everyone is donating their time. But they don't mind doing this for like-minded baseball players