1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WNC High School Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Mar 12, 2003.

1. hanger4

hanger4 Full Access Member

Warrior Fan

I'm new here so be nice. I would be the Lady Warrior named AV #1 Fan. I'll try to keep all up to date with EHS softball But first a few words,
    Softball Queen, Thanks for the heads up on this site. I don't care what they say about you, you ok girl.
    EnkaJet04, How's the ankle? Hope it's all pluses.
    Hawk, Love to read the interviews in the ACT. The kid's got class.
    MissleMaker, Tell the lovely and gracious Ms MissleMaker hello and see Ya'll tomorrow.

2. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

welcome

Hanger4,welcome to the web. You need to post your highlights here so we can hear about Erwin. I hear you won your game last night against Asheville High but softballQ has been rather slow to update us. Enjoy the good conversations and find out whats really going on around us and across the state on High School softball...The ankle is coming along real nice. She played last night for a couple of innings against Smokey and went 2 for 2 and a walk before tim pulled her in the top of the 3rd. Hopefully she will be healed that much more for tomorrow's big game against North Buncombe.....again welcome..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2003
  3. Old Fan

Old Fan Member

Hawks and TCR

Good to see a great hitting game for Manns and Webb,,I would like to see Hudson hitting ,she has hit very well in traveling ball and is capable of great power,she can get the bunt down as well( sometimes needed in those tight games)..Back to back conferece games this early is tough..When the season moves along and everbody is really game tough it will be different..I have seen Hudson pitch around 26 inn in a day and be strong all the way. Hawks- Sugar Jets on Thursday..Gonna be a great race in 3a..Go every body, my dog is not in this fight

4. missilebuilder

missilebuilder Junior Member

Hitting

Hudson did make her first hitting apperence aginst Franklin. She would much rather just focus on pitiching her game but after the loss to NB she asked to be in the line up. She didnt do so great but did lay down some key bunts aginst Franklin that may have made the difference in the NB game. She is working hard to get the kinks in her swing out and hopes to be moving up in the line up. Ill see you later today hanger! Good Luck to both teams in the Enka/NB match up today!!

5. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

conference is up for grabs

Erwin 7 - Roberson 2.

Who's going to win the conference this year? Right now the front runner is North Buncombe but Erwin seems to have woken up and wants to have a say in the outcome. Lauren West held Roberson to 2 runs. Glad to see her back pitching strong. Two big conference wins this week for the Lady Warriors. Erwin has missed having her on the mound. It looks like they brought their bats as well. Congratulations Erwin.:notworthy

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  6. hanger4

hanger4 Full Access Member

Erwin 7 TC 2

Lauren pitched 7 good innings. 4 or 6 Ks. Gave up 4 hits about. I believe only 1 earned run. The Warriors play like Warriors when she's on the rubber.

Some hitting stats;
    AV 2-4 DB 1RBI 2 Runs
    Morgan 2-4 1RBI
    Alicia 2-3 2RBI

I know I left some out, these I'm sure of.
    Will do better next time.
    EnkeJet04 see you Tuesday

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

mac scores

Thanks guys for the results, as you are keeping us down here informed and getting the word out on the talent in the area! See you guys at a game real sooon.

8. frosty24

frosty24 Junior Member

Season Shaping Up

This season has brought a few surprises, especially this week. The 3A schools are banging around like pinballs which means no one can take any game for granted.

If anyone had suggested at the start of this week that NB would have beaten BOTH TCR and Enka, I would have had them institutionalized. No way! But, guess what? They found ways to win both games. Monday by manufacturing a run versus the Rams and today by taking full advantage of every opportunity and break that came their way against the Sugar Jets. You have to be impressed with the job Coach Ray is doing with that squad. This is a team that bends a bit here and there, but this week they avoided breaking.

On paper Enka has the edge in experience and athleticsm. As is typical of Tim Miller's clubs, they have dependable pitching, are solid defensively and fundamentally strong. They just keep reloading year after year. Both the JV and Middle School teams are undefeated so far this season, again. Today, however, was one of those days when nothing seemed to go their way. When they get back in their groove, which could well be tomorrow against Tuscola, they are nearly unbeatable. But not today.

TC has a very solid club, but the breaks didn't go their way Monday against NB and they ran into a resurgent Erwin bunch today. They have a ton of potential and Laura Case is an excelent teacher and communicator. I like their team spirit and senior leadership. You can bet that they will put this nightmare week behind them and contend for the league crown. Nobody will get a free ticket against them. If they don't beat your brains out, they'll at least scare you to death.

East Henderson is intriguing because of their youth. Starting a bunch of sophomores, they have the potential to splash hot coffee on anybody's lap. Mark my word: watch out for this bunch. If not this year, you can count on them being serious conference and playoff contenders the next two years. They are athletic, competitive and perhaps most importantly, hungry. That chomp-chomping you hear behind you is this gang coming on.

Franklin is the darkhorse, but at this point they are a big question mark. They have shown signs of deserving a place near the top and bottom of the standings, so I hear. If they can gain some consistency, on the good side that is, look out. Their coaches feel very good about what they are seeing in practice each day. That's a good sign. If they ever get really ticked off about having to make that long drive so often, they could turn some little red wagons upside down while everybody's inside buying ice cream.

Thankfully, Erwin now has a reliable pitcher, so they can settle down to winning. This a very athletic group of kids, and highly competitive with good, solid coaching. As they proved today against TC, they are capable of beating anybody in this league. Those early losses were pretty embarrassing, so expect these Warriors to be putting a lot of folks on the Trail of Tears before this campaign is over.

Tuscola is another interesting group. No seniors. None. Nada. They're made up of a couple of juniors and a bus load of sophomores and freshmen. They may not win a lot of games this year, but get your licks in now folks because in a year or two, if they stay together, you're going to see some serious softball come out of Waynesville. Promise.

Asheville is simple, but sad: they are plagued by not having a feeder program. They have the athletes in school, but if none, or very few, are playing youth or travel ball, the coach there is saddled with starting from scratch and there's no way you can do that in this league and expect to win. Ain't gonna happen.

In essence, what all this means is that the teams emerging from the fracas will be more prepared than possibly ever before to compete, if not dominate, in the state playoffs. Strong competition from the top of the conference to the bottom is going to be lots of fun to watch. That's for sure. Had my say-so. That's all.

9. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

Beating the Enka Sugar Jets is a rare and cherished event. Its only happened once for the North Buncombe Lady Hawks since fastpitch started in WNC. Once! Losing a big game is always tough but the excitement felt by the Lady Hawks is really a tribute to the outstanding program at Enka. Even in defeat, I was so impressed with the Enka players and their coach. Coach Miller has instilled a hustling never give up spirit, a belief that the game is never over until the final out. I love to watch a team play with that kind of positive spirit. On top of all that, they have great sportmanship. Two players hit the ball hard back to the NB pitcher hitting her in the shins and in the hand. Both players from Enka came over after the ball game to see how Ali was doing. Now THAT is the definition of class.
    No team is perfect every game. Enka made a few errors, and North Buncombe hit the ball well late in the game, moved runners and then made the plays on defense.
    This was a huge win for NB because all conference championships go through Enka but the season isn't even half way over. If NB relaxes at all they could find themselves out of the playoffs. TCR will be back, Erwin is already back, the giant killers from Franklin and East Henderson are just waiting to pounce, and a wounded Enka is even more dangerous than before.
    My hats off to Enka. In my eyes, both teams showed something special yesterday.

10. missilebuilder

missilebuilder Junior Member

TCR-Swain

Nonconference double hitter aginst Swain. 5-1 in first game, Hudson winning pitcher. 10-4 second game, meyer got the win to the second game and Hudson closed the game. Hudson has hit 500 in the last two games. :D