1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WNC SOFTBALL GAME RESULTS

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Mar 2, 2004.

1. nsrtopscout

nsrtopscout Full Access Member

TCR vs. EH

Tuesday, April 27

In a game marred by numerous outfield errors on both squads, TC Roberson nipped East Henderson today as TC's ace hurler Courtney Hudson turned slugger with a fifth inning grand slam. Hudson's first career home run came at the perfect time with her team ahead 2-1. The shot was to left center landing 195 feet from home plate. That almost wasn't enough, however, as East shortstop Brittany Guise hammered a two run shot over the right centerfield fence in the top of the sixth to bring the Lady Eagles to within two, 6-4. Hudson shut East down in the top of the seventh as they failed to put a runner on base.

Lackluster outfielding has plagued both teams this season. Today was no exception as fielders on both teams made miscues at critical times in the game. Although TC's centerfielder did make a shoestring catch early in the game to subdue an East rally, three other badly played balls had the game in question until the end.

On the good side, Brittany Sherman from East continues to kill the ball. She is attacking it as if she has something serious to prove. Actually, some players finally "get it" and start realizing the signficance of what they are doing out there. Teammates Sam Stepp and Courtney Putnam, while struggling a bit this season at the plate, figured things out awhile ago and have put in the time and effort to raise their games. It's awfully good to see Sherman start to truly take the game seriously and start approaching her considerable potential. Now, if Guise, the most naturally gifted of the whole bunch, would come along for the ride this would be a team to reckon with next year.

Good day to you all.

2. Pisgah10

Pisgah10 Full Access Member

April 27

Pisgah 20, North Henderson 1

WP - Haven Payne

Pisgah moves to 17 - 0 overall 11 - 0 Conf.

3. spart30

spart30 Full Access Member

Enka Vs. Pisgah Wednesday

Enkajet4 I will see you about 5:00 tomorrow. I will get there in time to watch a little of the JV game. Give me a heads up on which players to watch for pisgah. Also tell the second baseman she better get use to me watching her play. it will be hard for me not to see her play every time soon! CFball maybe you could make the trip as well :xyzthumbs

4. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

MAC (3A) Conference Play

Enka 9 - 0 over North Buncombe

Enka 16-0 overall
    12-0 in conference

Enka pounded out 15 hits in their win.
    North Buncombe's Kelly Davis turned from speedster into long ball hitter.
    She led off the game with a double into left center but was tagged out at home on a questionable call. This is the speedster that I have told Spart30 about.

5. EnkaJet04

See you this afternoon. I think CFBall and Cometfan are both coming. Should be a nice turnout. Hope the wind dies down today. I will pass the message on to the 2nd baseman. Pisgah has 7 seniors in the starting lineup. I know the shortstop is very good and a sophomore. Of course Enka doesn't start but 3 seniors as they are blessed with talented underclassman.

6. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Enka JV 16
    N Buncombe JV 0

WP-Soesbee (2 inn)
    S-Grieve (5 inn)

7. EnkaJet04

Enka Vs Pisgah

(3A) Enka 4 - 0 over (2A) Pisgah

Enka 17-0 overall
    12-0 in the conference

I have been told that I have not written much concerning the games other than just posting the scores. Tonights game has to be written about. I saw two very good teams with neither team willing to give an inch. The score was 0-0 going into the bottom of the 6th inning. Brittany Underwood was pitching for Pisgah and she had not allowed more than 3 hits going into the bottom of the 6th. A bunt by Whitney Hinson put a runner on first. A swinging strike out and a steal by Whitney put her on second with (1) out. A throw back to the pitcher went off Brittany's glove and rolled towards second base. Both SS and 2B were covering second. The ball bounced off the bag into right field and Whitney took off for third and never slowed down all the way to home and scored. The next batter hit one on the nose to the leftfielder who misjudged the ball and it went off her glove to the fence. By the time the inning ended the score was 4 to 0. Brittany U. pitched good enough to win. She did not deserve to lose but it came down to who blinked first. Amber Banks pitched for Enka and probably pitched as good as I have seen her pitch in the time I have seen her this year. I am not sure but I don't believe Amber allowed but two hits. GREat Game. It was a TBR reunion. Largest crowd I have seen at Enka in two years. Might have been the largest. It sure lived up to the billing and the playoff atmosphere these two teams needed to experience before heading into the playoffs.

8. Pisgah10

Pisgah10 Full Access Member

Congratulations go to Enka. :applause: As all predicted it was a great game. When two team of this caliber meet it usually comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes, tonight Pisgah made more. Unfortunately for Pisgah, most of them came in the same inning. It was a tough way to lose a game, but Enka was the best team in the mountains today. Hopefully both teams will come out of tonight a little better off for the playoffs. It would be nice to see them play at least one more time this year.

Pisgah moves to 17 - 1 overall 11 - 0 conf.
    :xyzthumbs

9. hanger4

hanger4 Full Access Member

Twas a great game. It's a shame someone had to win, I saw no losers tonight. :applause:

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

lucky, cometfan and i didnt make it

schedule Another One guys!!