1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WNC SOFTBALL GAME RESULTS

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Mar 2, 2004.

1. nsrtopscout

nsrtopscout Full Access Member

Conditioning

Good lessons learned by both clubs. The playoff environment should help them understand that even with the crowd and hype, you still have to focus on every pitch (and throwback). In tonight's case, there was a brief, but costly, and collective, mental breakdown by Pisgah that cost them the game.

As teams advance to a higher level, they will see faster and more consistent pitching, they have to be in excellent physical condition and they must take advantage of the breaks offered. It's possible that what we saw tonight was fatigue, mental and physical, affecting Pisgah moreso than Enka. The Sugar Jets simply looked in better physical shape and more alert as the game went into the latter stages. As a result, when the opportunities presented themselves, Enka was prepared to pounce...and they did.

It's not uncommon for teams to lose sight of conditioning late in the season. They often spend their time working on fundamentals and situational plays. But, adrenalin takes a lot out of the legs and without excellent conditioning, the team in better shape often wins out in tight games. Pisgah has two weeks before the playoffs start. Can they get in better shape by then is the question. They have all the heart they need, to be sure. They are fun to watch because of their winning attitude, but can they work their way into playoff condition? Without a lot of team speed, stamina will be a key for them. I hope they can do it.

As for Enka, my applause. Frankly, I was skeptical about this team as late as two weeks ago. Even with the winning streak in tact, those close to the situation knew they were a ways from peaking, and wondered if they would pull it together in time. Last year's team began to fold their tents at this point in the season. Tonight, though, it was apparent that this group has matured and come together. They seem to genuinely enjoy playing with each other, and they play hard all the time. Nice to see.

2. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Enka JV 7
    Pisgah JV 0

WP-Sarah Soesbee
    17 Ks, 2 hits, no walks

Hitting leaders:
    Kelly Grieve 3 for 4
    Chrisy Freeland 2 for 3 (double)
    Cinnamon Quinn hit a triple off the center field fence.

3. EnkaMom12

This was one of the best games I have seen in awhile.
    Both teams were impressive. It's a shame one had to lose.
    I have to say that number 4 played an awesome defensive game. I think she is the best around!

4. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Thanks EnkaMom12, I am glad that her injury allowed her to keep playing defensively. It was a great game indeed. I think the only thing that would have made it even better intensity wise would have been if Enka had only scored that one run especially since Pisgah ended the game with a runner on third. That would have been a dramatic ending. Good luck in your game today.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

just why one of the best D2 softball programs in the southeast signed her in November '03 to NLI to attend USC-S :D

6. EnkaJet04

7. EnkaJet04

8. EnkaJet04

9. EnkaJet04

Enka vs East Henderson

MAC (3A) Conference Game

Enka 9-0 over East Henderson

WP Katie Blankenship (1 hitter)

Enka continued with their short game attack and things opened up from there.

Enka 18-0 overall
    13-0 in conference play

10. EnkaMom12

Enka JV 20
    E Henderson JV 2

WP-Kasey Grieve

Cinnamon Quinn hit her first home run this year to centerfield.