1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wow NW4A Its time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BallWatcher, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ABW

ABW Junior Member

WHS...for real?

I have heard the WHS has done well in their scrimmages. I'll be interested in seeing how they do in the next couple of weeks with 6 games in 12 days. Can their pitching hold up?

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Depends who's pitching

3. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Against them or for them?

Had a South Meck pitcher's parent tell me that Tyler Moore was "the real deal" after watching their scrimmage last weekend and it surely does not stop there for Coach Hardee and the Pioneers. You better have something on the hill when you go against them because they are not going to give up much.

Will be interesting to see how coach lines up his staff against the strong competition they will face as they point towards an early season show down with South Caldwell two weeks from today.

4. Titan #3

Titan #3 clear the mechanism

McDowell

Mcdowell plays R.S. Central today at 7 Johnson will be on the mound for the Titans this will be a battle mcdowell beat Mt. Hertiage 14-2 lastnight but tonight Johnson must stop the big bats or Central to get the win

5. baseball92

baseball92 Junior Member

from what i heard Johnson had a hard time on the mound tonight. I also heard Hopkins came in and did a good job on the mound

6. Roadking

Roadking Full Access Member

Pitchers Used

Well that means that WHS always got the other team's best because we never saw anyone for two straight seasons other then the "Big Left Hander" when facing SC. Of course he was the only one that actually lost a start last year...right? With SC over the last few years it's been pick your poison. Now I do remember a few years back when WHS had a strong JV team, maybe 2005, I remember SC sending a hard throwing pitcher from the varsity team to pitch in a JV game. When asked about why, I remember them saying it was to keep him sharp due to not being used lately. We always felt it was to keep that "edge" over WHS regardless of the level of ball. Which is smart in some ways by the coaches, it kept SC from losing a game to a team that could be a possible threat over the next few years and it kept WHS beat down and wondering if they actually could ever beat SC.

7. Roadking

Roadking Full Access Member

Schedule

8. 29er

29er Member

non-conference

Every coach schedules the non-conference games for a reason. You may have to play county rivals and you may play close to home because of gas prices or so you don't miss class. I don't know who South Caldwell plays non-conference but I do know that when we open with them in conference they are always ready. They have a nice facility, they are well coached, they play with alot of intensity and talent. I would definitely try to play them if we were not in the same league. I play non-conference games with teams that are well coached, have nice facilities, will expose our weaknesses, will draw scouts so my players will be seen, will get us ready for conference and the playoffs, will get us as far off the mountain as we can get, and of course to get to see Braves as much as possible.

9. PUP

PUP Full Access Member

I dont want to complain about South Calldwells schedule, but as a fan i would like to see South play teams that have a chance of going 7 inn. I would like to see us play Hickory and Fred T Foard .2 teams that are usually very good and are very close to us. I understand playing Hibriten and West but lets sub a few better teams.. JMO

10. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

We have Asheville and Hibriten this week. Not sure how good Asheville is but Hibriten won't be a pushover. They have a pretty darn good team this year and I think SC will have to bring their A game with them this year at Hibriten. What's the word on Asheville?