1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Young Harris Collage in Georgia

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BearBall17, Oct 12, 2004.

1. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

I agree with you PapaBear, but unfortunately some coaches will do whatever it takes to get players to come play for them and to keep players from playing against them. I don't know why these coaches do this but I have seen it numerous times and I think kids making college decisions should be aware of this type of behavior. Programs with rosters of 45 players or more, or schools with JV programs (developmental teams as some are calling them), are the ones that typically do this type of thing. Its very unfortunate for the kids that decided to go to these places because they are the ones that end up unhappy and have to look for somewhere else to play. And I'm not saying all schools in the above category will do that, but most of the ones I've seen do this are in that category.

2. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

Great JUCO program. Great school with a great history. :applause:

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Matter of opinion. I know of one that was promised to have to opportunity to pitch as well as play the field. Never got off the mound in the fall, actually only threw about 5 innings, left at Christmas. This kid was 2 years all state in NC.

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Oh well.......

those are the breaks! Life is NOT always fair although I agree 100 % with ANY coach promising any athlete ANYTHING! It must be deserved and proven OH what a understatement! :huh: UNFORTUNATELY as one moves up the proverbial ladder THIS "game" turns more and more into a biz all because of the almighty bottom line win win win at ALLLLLLLLLL costs And screw anyone and everyone else! PERIOD! :teeth:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I ahve heard of several colleges that recruit not just to fill their needs, but to keep players from other programs. That's the way it goes though, you'd better check out any program before you commit. To me, the education is the reason to go there, although baseball is important, that degree will stay with you always!!