1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on baseball interest

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

and...

on top of this these kids have lil to no money they use sticks for bats and their bare hands for glovessssss :08: go figure!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

It's the same thing as soccer. In other countries, all you need is a ball and a little bit of space to play soccer. They'll take their shoes off to make the goals and play in the streets, just to have fun. Here you have to buy the best cleats, the best ball, and then pay a ton of money to play travel soccer or to get the best coaching. In baseball, other countries use milk cartons for gloves and all of that, and they play in the streets or anywhere they can. Here, we have to get the most expensive bats and gloves, pay for the most expensive coaching and teams, and look how interest is down.

If it keeps going like this, baseball is going to turn out to be like soccer and the international players will be better than most of our players.

3. Papabear

Papabear Full Access Member

Wait Until The Knights Move Uptown

Interest in baseball dwindling? The Knights moving uptown will be one of the best things that has ever happened to this city.,,,,,you watch. I predict the fan support to be TREMENDOUS, and I'll be a season ticket holder. Can't wait.

4. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

I think fan interest is there and will always be there. I think the interest in people actually playing the game is going down.

5. countryboy17

countryboy17 Full Access Member

Braves,
    I was afraid ya'll might have thought me a mad man, but I believe you understand what I was trying to say!!!!!

:drummer:

Thanks Bud!