1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Zack Bernard Commits to UNC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tarheel102, Aug 5, 2008.

1. tarheel102

tarheel102 Junior Member

The Anglers/Durham Jordan 2009 Left handed Pitcher recently made a verbal commitment to become a Tarheel. Congratulations to Zack and all of his family.

2. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

Congratulations. Can anyone who's seen him pitch tell us a little about him. Velocity? Out pitch? etc.

3. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

Quality lefty

Zack pitches in our conference and is an excellent LHP. He is low to mid 80's with excellent command and a good hard slider and change-up. He really pitched well in the State Games this year for Region 3 with about 4 quality shut out innings in the championship game. He reminds me alot of Tate Parrish (2010 Smithfield Selma) although Tate may have slightly more velo. Zack is also an excellent outfielder and athlete although I'm guessing he was signed on as a pitcher. He has a good "in" at Chapel Hill as his hs coach is former UNC standout Devy Bell.

Congratulations to at great kid and good luck.

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Zack has had an excellent summer and turned some heads at the State Games. There were many schools at the ccprospects/Elon showcase and evidently was pretty impressive. Zack is a good kid and excellent pitcher. I wish him the best at UNC.

5. Piratefan18

Piratefan18 Full Access Member

I know Billy Godwin sent a rep down to see Zach this past weekend and Zach would have looked good in Purple and Gold!

Kidding aside -- the Heels are getting a true competitor on the hill and he will only get better over the years.

Parents Geoff and Pam have done a wondeful job of giving Zach the opportunity to show all of us what he is made of.

I'll see you when the Heels come to Greenville.

6. CaryDad70

CaryDad70 Junior Member

I saw Zach at the State Games on the first day and I know a lot of scouts were very impressed. From what I've heard he has added some velocity over the summer and throws 84-88 consistently.

Congratulations to Zach and his family!